Saturday, July 30, 2011

Into the Future.

It's 11:30 p.m. & I'm just about done with the flowers for a 600 person wedding.  I sit here on our basement floor with my glass of wine beside me {that was poured at 8 p.m.}, look around & think...


I am a dreamer, a wisher and importantly, I suppose,...a do-er.  Some days I am more of a dreamer than others...I get caught up in my excitement & pure hope to succeed in doing something that I am completely passionate about.  For as long as I can remember, I have had this deep desire to have something of my own...working for someone for the rest of my life just isn't in me. 


For the past 7 years, since finishing at Iowa State, I have worked extremely hard at working for others...and I like to think that they have all appreciated the hard work & dedication that I put into my work.  I know that I am forever in debt to them for the invaluable amount of knowledge that they have provided me with...knowledge that helps me tremendously as I make bigger & bigger leaps into pursuing my dreams.

So...anyway...before I get too wordy...I'm here in the chilly basment {who needs a flower cooler?!} completely surrounded by quart sized mason jars filled with flowers  & the entire floor is littered {uh...very littered!} with leaves, greens, stems & a few broken flowers.  Looking at the beauty in this chaos makes me think about the future and where I'll be sitting at this time next year...5 years from now...10??  I have big, huge dreams...and I have enormous hope that we can make them all come true...

All I know is that at this moment I am extremely blessed...and for all that I have been blessed with, I am so thankful...so very, very thankful.


No comments:

Post a Comment